If you live in a cold climate like I do or even if it doesn’t get as cold as our minus double digits as here in Canada, you must definitely need a rib or better word sweater dress.
It’s important to consider investing in a a sweater dress but first step is to understand the style or silhouette that looks great on your body type as this is basically your main outfit.
Things To Consider When Adding A Sweater Dress
1. Fabric – material goes a long way when choosing
- Be sure to have rib or stretchy, this is a no brainier as it is a MUST have in getting your money’s worth
- Invest in good quality as it helps the longevity
1b. The length that looks great on your body type..
- Midi length which is my favourite, see here, here
- Below the knee length
- Above the knee, I recommend styling with OTK boots see here or like here
2. Invest in a sweater dress that will make your outfits pop
- Colours – I recommend at least one
- Honestly either bright coloured or even neutrals can work
- Having details, like ruffles, ties and even cross back like today’s post
3. Having character can get conversations started coupled with great compliments
- Dresses with prints (check here ) and patterns like checks and plaids brings in fun
- A well tailored looks amazing
- Sweater dresses with belts to cinch in that waist
4. Versatility – make sure to have a neutral shade/ colour that will go with everything in your closet
- I’m sure black shade is our go to, but lets try…
- In the brown family, like camels, tans, and beige shade works the same
- And of course it stands the test of time
5. Also having an everyday casual style, separate from going out is recommended as well.
- For date nights
- Brunch with friends and co workers
SHOP THE POST
As always thank you for taking timeout to show me some love by being here and continue to stay STYLISH!