Okay confession time, I’m totally blurting out the truth right here, right now before I change my mind again, and yes again as I have few times discouraged myself from sharing. However, this blog is all about growth, inspiration and encouragement after all so here goes. I used to be so fast in saying “I’ll never do this or that” well my personal walk with the Holy Spirit has taught me better and so I eat up my words humbly hahahah.
Being someone who loves fashion, I don’t usually, do trends as most don’t last forever, However, I did succumb to trying out some trends in the past year or two, which by the way I solely blame on social media lol. Now here is why I’m sharing this post, I decided to take my own advice which I tell my kiddos all the time, “until you try something you truly wouldn’t know how you feel about it, so why not give it a try and see”
Well, I saw, I bought, I tried and now I’m enjoying and might I use the word love for these pieces mentioned below;
- As a midsize curvy girl, oversized clothing is one I didn’t bother getting into because it obviously makes me look way bigger than I truly am. However, I saw this lovely dress bought it for trial, loved it so much that it paved way for today’s outfit and a few more. So, with voluminous dresses and or pieces, I have found ways to style it and I’ll suggest sizing down
- Oversized Blazer: My obsession with blazers, which I have a post on here, bent me over to trying this this blazer here out I absolutely love because of how long it is and I then I ventured into this one and now I have way more oversized blazers than I initially planned.
- Biker Shorts : This is still a bit tricky because it is more of a “wear at home kind piece” for me as I don’t really see myself wearing this out of the house so much, if anywhere I don’t think I’ll pass a quick run to the nearest grocery store or a walk with the family in the evening.
- PVC/ Transparent trends which comes in bag, shoes, in other colour here, accessories and even clothing items. This trend I rolled my eyes at many many times omg I don’t believe this, I shocked myself lol on this one for sure, I mean I have no words other than I have learnt my lesson to either try or not try a trend before saying no to it.
- Basket/ Straw bags: I tried this bag here for the first time, I enjoyed the functionality and went on to this, this and this. So far It is been great and a plus as I now rest my luxury handbags during the warmer months which is actually awesome wink.
- Sneakers: I know you probably think ” wait what”, haha yep I’ve never been a sneaker lover and had only this Giuseppe Zanotti, until I sprained my ankle last year and tried naturalizer Bzees Nuance Slip On Sneaker. and I currently have it in 3 colours because its the most comfy shoes I have ever worn lol seriously.
SHOP THE POST
SHOP THE POST
As always thanks for stopping by, and I hope you become more optimistic while staying stylish