As much as admire and love a lot of home decor pages I have come across, I realized mostly of them gravitate towards neutrals majority of the time. For me, it is not so practical because well hello where is the colour lol, I need to wake up everyday to some type of colour that’s how much it means to me. Heck, my pots, pans and utensils in the kitchen are colourful, that is why I incorporated the “The Home Decor” category because I have always loved home decor, however I didn’t post much for few years due to overthinking.
To be transparent, I always felt intimidated by all these pages I see either on Instagram, especially on Pinterest. Looking back now, I realized how much I missed out just being in that bubble but I’m grateful to the constant push of the Holy Spirit as usual to start where I currently am. I found courage in that and I decided to take the unnecessary burden off and stop getting in my own way hence me sharing here, here here, and here.
So, if you are just like me in terms of colours and switching up your home decor from time, I’m glad to let you know you are in the right space. I shared in details on my YouTube channel and in this video, the decision to get a lighter and neutral colour couch for our living room area as I knew I wanted to switch my decor up as often as needed. Yes, I know having kids and lighter couch, well, I’ve been doing a lot of research on how to care and maintain the couch lol.
I’ll be sharing different styling ideas, and most definitely I’ll be incorporating colours as you know I love colours and I truly hope it inspires you. So here’s goes another drive out of my comfort zone lol wink, also check out my Instagram page as I always share fun videos just like today.
Tips On How To IncorporateColours In Home Decor
- Remember this is your home, your abode and your sanctuary where you can be you and its important you decorate to your liking and taste.
- I highly recommend getting a neutral shade, a lighter shade or colour for your couch as this will make the styling more functional. and versatile.
- Incorporate elements that resonates with you which makes it warm, cozy and homely for you and your family also make sure add character to this space.
- Be faithful to your own taste because nothing you really like is ever out of style” quote by Billy Baldwin. As I always say, stick to your style but do your research to get inspiration yet, don’t aim to copy.
- Add colours or shades that you like or even your favourite colour as this is your space which you plan on spending time in.
- Try bold colours as this will make your decor pop more than subtle, and if you like to host well get ready for compliments! wink.
- If you are like me that enjoys refreshening your home often, I recommend getting different colours to switch up so the decor isn’t redundant.
- If you are not sure how to start, check your closet yes closet for dominant colour palette you will be surprised.
// Couch// Ashely Furnitures, exact one, Similar here, check here, more
/Mustard Cushions//H&M, here, more here, More styles
//Decor Pieces//check here, explore here
//Basket //Ikea, exact one, more styles, Check here
SHOP THE POST