Happy New Year my friend and welcome to 2021, I pray this new year is your best year yet and better than 2020 for us all. One of my favourite things to do during the holidays, towards the end of the year and into a new year is to do a total self care package by purging mentally, physically and my general surroundings.
I am a firm believer that not every thought, habit, people and things have to enter into a new year with me or with you. I have already done a lot of the mental part and I think I can still do more. I also did a major declutter in our home in October due to some major renovations we did and I’ll share that at a later date.
So for my first post of 2021, I decided to share some tips and tricks for your overall self care regardless of what that means to you. I recommend you should check out this whole category and I pray you are blessed and experience divine intervention as you read.
- For starters my life and yours has been spared especially with how the pandemic hit without warnings and now entering into a new year, I highly recommend and advise you to start your journey to having a relationship with God and you can also read more in this post and this category.
- There are different kinds of self care and this depends on each individual which means you have to find out or define what self care is to you. Having said, I’ll suggest while you reflect on the past, it is time to look positivity ahead into not only the new year but beyond regardless of what you have been through or what you experienced in 2020 check this post
- I’ll recommend to start by decluttering your mind, your environment, and the people you mingle with and just take out negativity and toxics out of your life in anyway best possible for you without sentiment. Check out this post I shared have shared this post, and this or even here.
- One of my biggest goals for this year is investing in myself, so I highly recommend this as well. Plan on investing in yourself professionally and personally try to also create your goals and outline plans on how you intend to achieve them, I recommend be realistic in setting your goals so it is achievable to you.
- Planning out and marking out your calendar, plan out things for 2021 ahead from work, birthday celebrations, family vacation to anniversaries and also don’t forget to plan date nights all dates important to you.
- This year I intend taking my physical and mental health very seriously, I’m not one that likes the gym so I went back to 2-3 hours of walking in the mornings just to get some fresh air into my lungs. So know what works for you is my advice and get in on taking daily vitamins, I take B6 & B12 and iron supplements. Mental health is equally important if not more thankfully it is becoming more of an open conversation rather than it been a stigma so make sure you take care of yourself mentally and get help where and when needed, I promise you are not alone.
- Take very good care of your overall body in terms of having an effective skincare regime and or routine. I have not shared much about my skincare recently but since having my last baby, my skin has changed and I have incorporated new products and and even devices, which I will be sharing very soon in another post so please stay tuned.
I hope you enjoy this post and please remember Self Care is an act of Self Love. God’s plans for us will always SUPERSEDE ours and so I’ll encourage you to leave room and be flexible for His plans to reign supreme.
As always thank you for stopping by, wishing you all the best as you TAKE CARE of yourself in 2021!
Thanks for sharing these babe
Beautiful post ❤️❤️❤️Love it!
Thank you darling hope your 2021 is off a wonderful start 🙂
Awesome inspiring Post . Thanks for sharing this beautiful piece I’m a believer in self care ⭐️💕
Thank you beautiful I’m so glad to hear that Self care is much needed especially at this time!! 🙂